Registered unemployed decreases by 8.8 percent

Society
Author : E.Altanzul e.altanzul@montsame.gov.mn 2018-09-12 16:48:43
Ulaanbaatar /MONTSAME/  Registered unemployed was decreased by 2.2 thousand persons or 8.8 percent compared to the same time of the previous year, while it was increased by 0.5 thousand persons or 2.4 percent from the previous month.

At the end of August 2018, the Labor and Social Welfare Services Agencies have registered 32.4 thousand job seekers, of which 23.1 thousand or 71.1 percent were unemployed and remaining 9.3 thousand or 28.9 percent were employed but looking for a new job.

From total registered unemployed at nationwide, there are 447 registered unemployed with disabilities or 1.9 percent of which 205 or 45.9 percent were women.

In the first 8 months of 2018, the Labor and Social Welfare Services Agencies have recorded 55.5 thousand new unemployed and 12.6 thousand registered persons were hired on a new job. Due to inactive job seeking, 45.3 thousand persons were deleted from the Unemployment Register.

Compared to the first 8 months of the previous year, the number of new registered unemployed were increased by 4.8 thousand or 9.4 percent and the number of persons hired on a new job was increased by 2.3 thousand or 22.6 percent. However, the number of persons removed from the Unemployment Register being inactive job seeker decreased by 4.3 thousand or 8.6 percent.

Source: National Statistics Office