A 4.2 magnitude earthquake reported again in KhuvsgulEnvironment
Ulaanbaatar /MONTSAME/ Today morning or at 07:47 am, January 13, a 4.2 magnitude quake was reported again in Khankh soum, Khuvsgul aimag. This is a continuation of the magnitude 6.5 earthquake that occurred at 05:32 am, on January 12, according to the Institute of Astronomy and Geophysics.
As of 6 pm, January 12, over 300 quakes have been recorded since the earthquake started at 05:30 am, yesterday, January 12.
As of 11 pm yesterday, the earthquakes occurred in Khuvsgul aimag caused the following damages:
- Cracks in the walls and windows of dormitory of general education schools in Renchinlkhumbe and Chandmani-Undur soums
- Cracks in two windows of kindergarten and walls of dormitory of general education school in Tsagaannuur soum
- Cracks in buildings of the Governor’s Offices, walls and windows of general education schools in Bayanzurkh and Khankh soums
- Cracks in the walls, windows and stairs of general education schools in Erdenebulgan and Tarialan soums
- Cracks in the walls and roof of “Gurvan gal” family health center in Murun soum, Emergency Department of the aimag reports.