‘Public Football’ program to be implemented nationwideSports
Ulaanbaatar /MONTSAME/. The ‘Public Football’ program will be implemented nationwide under the auspices of the President of Mongolia in the framework of the objectives to develop public sports and promote physical activity, which are reflected in the President’s policy and action plan, as well as the ‘Healthy Mongolian’ program.
The launch of the program initiated by the Mongolian Football Federation took place at the Sukhbaatar Square on Saturday, May 14, with the attendance of President of Mongolia U.Khurelsukh.
During the ceremony, the President highlighted how the sport of football is a symbol of unity alongside being one of the sports with the largest fanbase.
Through the ‘Public Football’ program, the number of football instructors and partner organizations are expected to increase.
He also expressed his confidence that it will also create opportunities for children and youth practicing the sport to join the national team, and become highly skilled professional athletes who promote the country internationally.
Works that are currently planned for the ‘Public Football’ program include the following:
• to annually organize the ‘Dream Goal’ tournament among school-age boys and girls,
• to build standard football fields that meet international standards in all 21 aimags and 9 districts,
• to implement a sub-program on cooperation and partnership for promoting Mongolian products and services internationally through football, and providing support for the sport,
• to expand the ‘National Cup’ tournament in which teams from 21 aimags and 9 districts compete,
• to implement a sub-program, ‘Football Coach Education’, at general education schools.
The nationwide program will be implemented until 2027.