Prime Minister U.Khurelsukh gives remarks on 380th anniversary of capital cityVideo
Prime Minister U.Khurelsukh participated in the celebratory meeting on the occasion of the 380th anniversary of Ulaanbaatar, the capital city of Mongolia, and gave remarks.
In his remarks, the Prime Minister highlighted that despite the many achievements, various issues such as air pollution, traffic congestion, and availability of schools and kindergartens continue to persist, noting that the issues will only be solved by the government, the capital city, government and non-government organizations, entities, and the capital city’s citizens joining forces.
With the Government resolution to prohibit consumption of raw coal and replace it with refined coal made on May 15, 2019, results have begun to show. “Until the realization of long term policy on apartments in the ger districts, the Government will take all possible short- and mid-term measures against air pollution. We will not go back on our decision to ban raw coal,” said Prime Minister U.Khurelsukh.
He then told about the construction plans for the Grand Theatre of National Arts, the Natural History Museum, and the Museum of Chinggis Khaan in the framework of the implementation of the comprehensive policy on enlightening citizens, youth, and teenagers through culture and arts.
Governor of the Capital City and Mayor of Ulaanbaatar S.Amarsaikhan mentioned the large scale construction projects that are currently being implemented, noting the participation of the Government, organizations, entities, and the capital city citizens having been crucial in the works. For instance, alongside the new flyover from the Olympic Street to the Ikh Mongol Street crossing over the Narny Road, and the two iron and concrete bridges in Sonsgolon, a water reservoir and booster pump station have been recently put into operation in the framework of the construction works of Bayankhoshuu and Selbe subcenters. Furthermore, the construction work of the 20.9km auto road between the crossroads of Gachuurt and Nalaikh-Choir has been completed, with its opening planned in the near future.
Historians consider the founding of Ulaanbaatar to be in 1639 with the establishment of the ‘Urguu’ yurt monastery at the shore of the Shireet Tsagaan Lake, the current Burd soum of Uvurkhangai aimag. Since then, the capital city was moved about 30 times until settling in 1778 at its current location, then named the Valley of Altan Tevsh.