Cabinet meeting in briefPolitics
Ulaanbaatar /MONTSAME/ The cabinet meeting on Monday backed joining the treaty on establishing the International Development Law Organization (IDLO).
The IDLO is an intergovernmental organization dedicated to the promotion of the rule of law. With a joint focus on the promotion of rule of law and development, it works to empower people and communities to claim their rights, and provides governments with the know-how to realize them. It supports emerging economies and middle-income countries to strengthen their legal capacity and rule of law framework for sustainable development and economic opportunity. It is the only intergovernmental organization with an exclusive mandate to promote the rule of law and has experience working in more than 170 countries around the world.
- The cabinet backed a Mongolia-Croatia intergovernmental agreement on exempting diplomatic and official passport holders from visa requirements. An order will be issued of the PM on authorizing someone to sign this agreement.
- The Minister of Population Development and Social Welfare presented to the cabinet a report on his participation in the World Assembly for Women which ran August 28 to September 2 in Tokyo. He was obliged to implement recommendations and decisions released by the Assembly and to ensure the realization.
- The cabinet backed a draft concept of a bill on civil aviation and ordered related officials to formulate the draft law and to have it discussed by the cabinet.
- The cabinet discussed a bill on amending the Constitution of Mongolia, initiated by N.Batbayar MP and others. Some matters will be conveyed to the initiators.
- The cabinet appointed S.Magnaisuren the State Secretary of the Ministry of Construction and Urban Development and R.Erdeneburen--the State Secretary of the Ministry of Labor. Moreover, the State Secretary of the Defense Ministry Z.Boldbaatar was freed from the post.