Cabinet meeting news in briefSociety
Ulaanbaatar /MONTSAME/ At its regular session held today, April 1, the Cabinet made the following decisions.
- The Cabinet members got acquainted with assessment report on implementation of procurement activity of 2019 made by general managers of the state and local budgets. A total of 47 general budget managers sent their reports out of 54 from 19 organizations. These organizations planned procurement of products, works and services worth MNT 3.1 trillion with money of state and local budgets and foreign loans, aids and concluded agreements worth MNT 2.6 trillion.
- In frames of issues in charge of Minister of Environment and Tourism, the Cabinet decided to establish ‘Water Agency’. The agency will operate with 38 staffs at maximum. It was tasked to comprise its staff from personnel of the Ministry as well as to resolve budget of MNT 601.3 million that is required for recurrent expenses within the authority of general budget manager, not causing additional burden.
- The Cabinet approved Intergovernmental Agreement between Mongolia and the Republic of Greece on exemption of diplomatic and official/ service passport holders from visa requirements. As a result, diplomatic and official/ service passport holders of the countries will travel without visa on the territory of the two countries up to 90 days within 180 days. Moreover, it will create condition to Mongolian citizens to travel without visa to 14 countries in Schengen region.
- The Cabinet discussed and backed up additional financing agreement bill on ‘Sustainable Living- 3’ project and agreed to consult it with Parliamentary Standing Committees. Minister of Finance Ch.Khurelbaatar was authorized to sign the agreement. Investment of USD 65.7 million was made within the first and second phases of ‘Sustainable Living’ project being co-realized by the World Bank and International Development Association in Mongolia since 2002. The third phase of the project will be carried out within 24 months and USD 12 million is projected to be allocated for it.
- It was resolved to cover MNT 3.2 billion for 2019 remaining debt of ‘Western Region Energy System’ state owned company for its purchase of electricity power from Russian ‘Inter RAO YES’ company and another MNT 800 million for front payment of first quarter of 2020 from the Government reserve fund respectively.
- The Cabinet discussed and supported financing agreement of ‘Increasing efficiency of heat supply of Ulaanbaatar city’ project and agreed to consent it with the corresponding Parliamentary Standing Committee. The World Bank’s International Development Association will finance the project and USD 41 million soft loan will be granted.
- One member of State Service Council, Director of the National Academy of Governance and Director General of the Mongolian National Public Radio and Television will be added to the composition of the National Commission on Gender Equality respectively, according to the Cabinet decision.