Registered unemployed decreased by 15.1 percent

Society
anudari@montsame.gov.mn
2020-07-20 14:09:19

Ulaanbaatar /MONTSAME/ In June 2020, Labour agencies in aimags and the Capital registered 5.6 thousand new unemployed, 2.2 thousand persons from the unemployment register hired on a new job, and 3.6 thousand persons removed from the unemployment register due to inactive job seeking. In Ulaanbaatar, 1.7 thousand persons newly registered in Labour agencies in aimags and the Capital, and 611 persons from the unemployment register were hired in June 2020.


Compared to the same period of the previous year, newly registered unemployed decreased by 3.5 thousand persons (38.3%), the number of persons hired on a new job decreased by 1.3 thousand persons (36.3%), and the number of persons removed from the unemployment register due to inactive job seeking decreased by 2.5 thousand persons (40.4%).


At the end of June 2020, the number of registered job seekers reached 30.3 thousand, of which 19.6 thousand (64.5%) were registered as unemployed and the remaining 10.7 thousand (35.5%) were employed but looking for a new job.


Registered unemployed decreased by 3.5 thousand (15.1%) from the same period of the previous year and by 226 (1.1%) from the previous month. Out of the total registered unemployed, 10.0 thousand or 51.1% were women.


Source: National Statistics Office