Ulaanbaatar /MONTSAME/ The Intensive management staff for food supply headed by Minister of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry Z.Mendsaikhan had a virtual meeting with capital city and aimag governors and other local authorities on November 16.
During the meeting, aimag governors reported on their local food stocks and supply management, food transport, and progress on winter preparation. At the end of the meeting, Minister Z.Mendsaikhan ordered and instructed:
- aimag governors and police and emergency authorities to take necessary measures to ensure normal supply of meat and maintain infection prevention and control measures in meat transport,
- rural authorities to ensure that essential food products are transported with infection prevention and control measures in place,
- aimag governors to follow the State Emergency Commission’s guidelines during transport of food products from aimags to towns and cities including Ulaanbaatar, Erdenet, and Darkhan,
- capital city and aimag governors to ensure that food products are transported by trucks with the largest possible capacity,
- aimag governors and heads of local food and agriculture departments to implement the measures included in the intensive management staff’s action plan.