National conference on 'Collaborative initiative and partnership for Education For Sustainable Development' to be held in MaySociety
Ulaanbaatar /MONTSAME/ A National Conference on 'Collaborative initiative and partnership for Education for Sustainable Development' is going to be organized online nationwide by the Education for Sustainable Development-II project (ESD-II), funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation and jointly implemented by the Ministry of Environment and Tourism and the Ministry of Education and Science from May 3-6, 2021.
The aim of the conference is to share successes, learnings and experiences gained from the implementation of ESD at all levels and to develop a collaborative plan of the stakeholders.
The national event is being jointly organized by the Ministry of Education and Science, the Ministry of Environment and Tourism, the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation as well as the UNESCO National Commission. The event is being managed by the Mongolian Institute for Education Research, the local implementing NGO- Information and Training Center for Nature and Environment, and the member institutions of the Technical and Coordination Group. The conference will be held in six areas addressing the five priority areas for ESD-2030 and the implementation mechanism.
Representatives and participants from environmental, education institutions, the specialized inspection agency, professional and methodology institutions and general education schools will be taking part to discuss about cross-sectorial liaison, partnership and collaboration.
Due to the global pandemic, the conference is being organized online, the platform has the capacity to register and involve over 10,000 persons. The following thematic workshops will be held during the conference:
- Education for Sustainable Development and Vision-2050: Mongolia’s long-term development policy, planning, implementation and steps ahead.
- The World’s Largest Lesson – Education for Sustainable Development: Online discussion (among teachers and participants).
- Partnership for Sustainable Development – Local leadership an online forum
- Children’s rights – healthy and safe green environment Forum (attended by specialized inspection agency and education institutions participants)
- Theoretical and practical issues facing Education for Sustainable Development at all levels – an International science conference
- Voice of Youth – Young environmental reporters- A Youth forum
- Model school for Sustainable Development–small action project initiative- A joint discussion
For more information, please visit ESD Mongolia-Education for Sustainable Development Facebook page.