First Telecommunication Center’s Building Taken Back Under State OwnershipSociety
Ulaanbaatar, Jan 16 /MONTSAME/. There
is an old building beside The Wrestling Palace in 6th Khoroo, Bayanzurkh
district. The first Telecommunication Center was operated in this building in
1914 by order of the first Prime Minister of Mongolia T. Namnansuren. The
Museum of Communication was also here from 1921-1998.
In 2004, the Government agency for State Procurement decided that “Van Khuu” LLC’s ownership was illegal. Therefore, the state registration certificate of the company was revoked and its ownership was given to the Ministry of Digital Development and Communications on February 11, 2020.
Law enforcement agencies repeatedly gave the notice to vacate the property for 2 years. Thus, on January 13, the building was evicted according to the ruling of the Bayanzurkh Civil Court.