80 percent of employed population aged 18-38

2018-10-16 18:44:44

Ulaanbaatar /MONTSAME/ On the occasion of the Human Resource Employee Appreciation Day of Mongolia, the Cabinet Secretariat, National Institute for Human Resource Research and ‘HR club’ co-organized the national forum for human resource specialists under the theme ‘New Generation- Guide to Development’ on October 15.

Opening the forum Deputy Chief of Cabinet Secretariat B.Bat-Erdene said “The forum is important to the entities to share the best practices, strategies and new ideas for human resource management. The best initiatives, experiences and outcomes of the forum should be actualized.”

According to the survey, 80 percent of total employed population of Mongolia was born between 1980-2000. Therefore, it is important for employers to learn the distinction, tendency and character of the new generation and develop human resource policy and management approach suitable for them, noted G.Tegshburen, Director of the National Institute for Human Resource Research.

The participants noted that the forum organized by the Cabinet Secretariat is an integral part of the state's support for human development and the preparation work for the Law on Civil Service, which will take effect in January. Some 5.6 percent of those working in human resource sector of Mongolia are professionals and the remaining 94.4 percent are lawyers and economists. It was also highlighted that the companies are required to hire professional staff in their human resource departments in the future.