Mongolia’s public holidays in 2020Society
Ulaanbaatar /MONTSAME/. In 2020, which is a leap year, Mongolia has a total of 15 public holidays, 12 days of which fall on working day.
This year, the public holidays in Mongolia added by Buddha Day as the Parliament last December decided to celebrate the Buddha day or the birth, enlightenment and death of Gautama Buddha.
Here is the list of Mongolia’s public holidays expected in 2020.
1. New Year's Day - January 1, Wednesday
2. Tsagaan Sar, the Mongolian Lunar New Year – February 24 – 26, Monday through Wednesday
3. International Women's Day - Mar 8, Sunday
4. International Children's Day – June 1, Monday
5. Buddha Day – June 5, Friday
6. Naadam Festival - July 11 – 15, Saturday through Wednesday
7. Birth anniversary of Chinggis Khaan – November 16, Monday
8. Republic Day or the anniversary of the adoption of the first Constitution of Mongolia and the proclamation of the Mongolian People’s Republic – November 26, Thursday
9. Day of Restoration of National Freedom and Independence of Mongolia. December 29, Tuesday