Registered unemployed decreased by 2.5 percent

Society
erdenejargal@montsame.gov.mn
2020-10-14 13:11:26

Ulaanbaatar /MONTSAME/. In September 2020, Labour agencies in aimags and the Capital city registered 4.7 thousand new unemployed, 1.4 thousand persons from the unemployment register hired on a new job, and 3.7 thousand persons removed from the unemployment register due to inactive job seeking. In Ulaanbaatar, 1.7 thousand persons newly registered in Labour agencies of municipal and the district offices, and 456 persons from the unemployment register were hired in September 2020.


Compared to the same period of the previous year, newly registered unemployed decreased by 2.6 thousand persons (35.7%), the number of persons from unemployment register hired on a new job decreased by 1.0 thousand persons (42.5%) and the number of persons removed from the unemployment register due to inactive job seeking decreased by 2.0 thousand persons (35.0%).


At the end of September 2020, the number of registered job seekers reached 27.5 thousand, of which 17.8 thousand (64.8%) were registered as unemployed and the remaining 9.7 thousand (35.2%) were employed but looking for a new job.


Registered unemployed decreased by 2.6 thousand (12.7%) from the same period of the previous year and 461 (2.5%) from the previous month. Out of the total registered unemployed, 9.4 thousand or 53.0% were women.

Source: National Statistics Office