Import Increases by 23.6 PercentEconomy
Ulaanbaatar, February 7, 2023 /MONTSAME/. Mongolia has imported materials and products worth USD 688 million as of the first month of 2023, a 23.6 percent increase compared with 2022, according to Mongolian Customs General Administration (MCGA).
The shares of imported goods are as follows:
- Equipment and machinery were 15.2 percent (or USD 104.5 million);
- Mineral products were 26.2 percent (or USD 180.2 million), of which 88.6 percent (or USD 159.6 million) is petroleum;
- Food products, such as meat and vegetables, were 10.6 percent (or USD 72.9 million);
- Automobile and aircraft were 21.0 percent (or USD 144.2 million);
- Iron and steel products were 6.9 percent (or USD 47.3 million) and
- Chemical products were 5.4 percent (or USD 37.3 million) and altogether made up 82.6 of the total imports in 2022.
Our country imports materials and products with definite origins from 105 countries, of which 35.8 percent are from China; 29.2 percent from Russia; 9.7 percent from Japan; 3.5 percent from South Korea; and 3.3 percent from the United States.