Mongolia to provide USD 1 million to help United States fight coronavirusPolitics
Ulaanbaatar /MONTSAME/. At its irregular meeting held today, June 1, the Cabinet made following decisions.
- A 10-percent extra pay is added to an usual pay of teachers and teaching assistants who work with children with disabilities at ordinary kindergartens and general education schools.
- MNT 1.5 of subsidies to cover debt and loan payments of “Erkhem Chanar” prosthetic manufacturer will be put in the state budget of 2021 with an aim to ensure smooth operation of the factory. With an annual capacity to make 1.500 artificial body parts and 120,000 assistance canes and other items, the factory also has a rehabilitation center that provides 18 people with jobs, 25 of them are people with disabilities. The government considered the financial assistance is necessary for the factory, providing that its operation halts, at least half of people in need of prosthetic devices would suffer from it.
- The Central Military Hospital under the Ministry of Defense is running a deficit of more than MNT 1.2 billion due to complete suspension in its operation caused by COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, the government authorized the Minister of Finance to reimburse the hospital for the deficit from the government’s contingency fund.
- The government decided to provide humanitarian assistance worth USD 1 million to the United States of America to help the country cope with COVID-19 pandemic and the money for the assistance will be allocated from the government's contingency fund. Mongolia also has pledged to give meat aid worth USD 1 million to Russia and donation of 30,000 sheep to China.
- At his meeting with representatives of ‘Dreamers’ association of young entrepreneurs, owners of startup companies and founders of tech-based companies last week, Prime Minister of Mongolia U.Khurelsukh last week pledged to give support for startup companies who are using technological advances and innovation in their operations. In this regard, Minister of Foreign Affairs D.Tsogtbaatar introduced a draft project on assigning tasks related to information technology and innovation to employees of Mongolia’s diplomatic missions in some countries at the cabinet meeting, which backed it.