CALL FOR TENDER FOR FINAL EXTERNAL EVALUATIONDaily Finance
CALL FOR TENDER FOR FINAL EXTERNAL EVALUATION
Type of assignment
Final external evaluation of a development project “Sustainable Textile Production and Eco-Labelling (STeP EcoLab)” implemented by Agronomes et Vétérinaires Sans Frontières (AVSF) in Mongolia between 2018 and 2022.
Agronomes et Vétérinaires Sans Frontières (AVSF) is a non-governmental organization which reaches out to smallholder communities threatened by exclusion and poverty, offering them professional skills in agriculture, livestock farming, and animal health. Under its “Sustainable Cashmere Program” AVSF is developing certified sustainable raw material sourcing of cashmere with pilot herder cooperatives by working with primary producers, domestic and foreign processors and customers on export markets. STeP EcoLab project aims at contributing to establish sustainable textile production and consumption in Mongolia by leveraging the key drivers of sustainable consumption and production.
Puppose of the evaluation
Final project evaluation is requested by the main donor of the project (European Union). The final evaluation findings are expected to:
- Provide recommendations whether the current project design is relevant to the context or if it would need to be re-designed in a replication/upscaling project;
- Provide recommendations with regards to the methods and tools applied to achieve the stated results and objectives;
- Review gaps and risks/local constraints for implementing the project, in ensuring its sustainability and monitoring its progress;
- Provide recommendations on the effectiveness of the partnership strategy in achieving the outcomes in a replication/upscaling project;
Expected duration of assignment
One and half month (preparatory work, 12 days field data collection in Mongolia (in Ulaanbaatar, Bayankhongor, Arkhangai and Gobi-Altai provinces), report drafting).
Expertise and experience required:
It is suggested that the team in charge of the evaluation is:
- At least 5 years of experience in evaluating development projects (verifiable list of evaluations conducted in the past required), notably funded by the EU.
- Demonstrated understanding of development sector in the field of environment, pastoralism, and textile sector (verifiable information on relevant experience required).
- Fluency in written and spoken English and the ability to edit texts in English.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical skills (evidence required).
interpersonal and communication skills, and comfortable working across cultures.
- Expertise in pastoralism, sectoral & agri-value chain development, textile industries
- Experience in working in Mongolia
How to apply
- Offer shall be submitted in English only
- Offers should include technical and financial proposal (maximum 15 pages and 1-2 pages financial proposal)
- Offers shall include a description of the methodology to be applied, a time plan, and if relevant a list and organizational chart of the proposed team, including main duties
- Offers shall include the CV of each team member, including relevant references
- Applicants shall provide a
detailed budget with a breakdown by each consultant. The budget shall be stated
in EUR only and include the total price of the offer.
Interested candidates may call 330043 for detailed information and should request full tender material by writing to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The offers should be sent in English to the same email address by November 9, 2022. Incomplete offers and offers received after the deadline will not be considered.