Photographs featuring assistance provided by former Soviet Union presentedSociety
Ulaanbaatar /MONTSAME/. With the assistance of the former Soviet Union, the leather processing factory in Altanbulag was first built in Mongolia in the 1920s. Alongside the State Printing Factory, and Thermal Power Plant, this was followed by the 50 km railroad connecting Ulaanbaatar and Nalaikh in 1938, the 237 km railroad connecting Choibalsan and Solovievsk, over 700 km of autoroad and the 428 km railroad connecting Ulaanbaatar - Naushki between 1947 and 1949. All of the various buildings and structures constructed in Mongolia with non-refundable aid from the former Soviet Union are being presented through photographs.
The photography exhibition was opened at the Russian Center for Science and Culture on December 13 on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Mongolia and Russia. Featuring historic photographs about the cultivation of land, documentation of Mongolia’s territory, and the preparation of specialists in the former Soviet Union, the two-day exhibition presented highlight moments from the history of bilateral cooperation and the contributions made by Russia for large-scale construction projects in Mongolia.
The exhibition’s opening ceremony was attended by Deputy Minister of Construction and Urban Development E.Zolboo, Attaché at the Neighboring Countries Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs O.Chinbayar, Director of Agency for Land Administration and Management, Geodesy and Cartography A.Enkhmanlai, Director of Russian Center for Science and Culture Amgalan Bazarkhandaev, and representatives of senior builders.