National Commission on Gender Equality approves its 2020 action plan映像
On January 31, a regular meeting of the National Commission on Gender Equality took place, concluding its work in 2019, and approving its action plan for 2020. A total of 88 measures are planned for this year. Matters such as ‘Difference between average life expectancy for men and women, and its affecting factors’, accelerating the implementation of the Law on Gender Equality, and introducing good practices of aimags were also discussed at the meeting.
Head of the National Commission on Gender Equality, Prime Minister of Mongolia U.Khurelsukh obliged the following:
- the Ministry of Finance to develop and approve the methodology for gender sensitive budgeting, and introduce the methodology to all levels
- the committee members to assess statistics, monitoring, evaluation, and reports, and include statistics on gender, and quality criteria
- develop and implement a policy on the matter, focusing on the 10-year difference between average life expectancy of men and women
- the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection, the Confederation of Mongolian Trade Unions, and the Independent Research Institute of Mongolia to jointly develop and implement a policy and programme on creating work-life balance, learn from foreign practices and promote model examples
- reflect the matter of preventing from workplace bullying and sexual harassment in the amendment of the Law on Labor
- promote and increase knowledge of gender equality in state servants.